Lotus Club QLD Approved
Approved by Morgan Cars Australia
OptiMate 6 Fully Automatic 9 stage desulphating 0.4-5A Charger/Maintainer for 12v lead acid batteries from 3Ah to 240Ah:-
Automatically adjusts from 0.4A to 5A charge current to suit your battery. NO buttons to press, no modes to select. FULLY automatic!
Bike, Lawn mower, Boat, Car, 4x4, Caravan, Leisure Batteries, Standby Batteries, Agricultural vehicle batteries and more. Connect to your battery 24/7 to ensure it remains Fully charged.
OptiMate is a charger/maintainer that you can leave connected to any battery while a vehicle is not being used. Simply attach the pigtail lead to your battery and leave the connector some where for easy connection. The lead has a weather proof cover to protect it from corrosion.
Simply connect OptiMate to your battery after every use and your battery will ALWAYS be fully charged.
OptiMate 6 uses the black SAE connector
Includes 11 (m8 eylets) weather proof lead and 4 crocodile clips
If purchasing for motorcycle use, we recommend adding a 1 m6 pig tail lead set to your order
For more accessories please see SAE accessories page - usb chargers, torches, charge indicators, exptension leads, splitters, sockets and plugs etc
The most advanced 12V care for all lead-acid batteries.
OptiMate 6 saves batteries other chargers can’t, because it recognizes the difference between a discharged battery that needs charging and a dead flat sulfated battery that needs saving. OptiMate 6 then charges, tests and maintains the saved battery, making it stronger, lasts longer.
No Buttons, no programs to choose, simply connect and switch on at mains! How easy is that!?
- SAVE (Desulphate): For batteries as low as 0.5 Volts. Pulse reconditioning for batteries in the vehicle; turbo desulfation for dead flat sulfated batteries.
- CHARGE: Ampmatic charge control adjusts current to suit any battery size / condition for fastest and most complete charge.
- OPTIMIZE: Cell voltage balancing mode optimizes battery performance and will also correctly prepare a new battery for first use.
- TEST & MAINTAIN: Battery test before and after charging. Interactive float charge is perfect for unsupervised months-long maintenance for any type of 12V lead-acid battery.
- Safe on/off maintenence mode will NOT boil your battery.
- Desulphating pulse continues to stop sulphation forming while in maintenance mode.
- Unique half hour AND 12 hour voltage drop test, informs you if your battery is unable to remain above 12.7V
- Global input (100-240V 50-60Hz), high efficiency, fully sealed.
- SAFE! No spark at connection. Full electronic protection.
- Power saving ‘eco’ standby mode shuts down the main charging converter when not delivering charge current and if battery is not connected.
(OptiMate is an intelligent automatic charger maintainer, we don't like the term trickle charger! ;-) "trickle" chargers will maintain the battery at a fixed voltage. If too high this will boil the battery, if too low sulphation is still able to form reducing your battery's ability to perform.)
If your batteries do not last more than 2 or 3 years, try OptiMate BEFORE buying a new battery!
The new OptiMate 6 Ampmatic is the world’s most advanced and versatile battery charger, maintainer and tester.
All in one unit, in a stylish, robust, weatherproof enclosure, easily wall-mountable. As soon as connected, the AmpmaticTMmicroprocessor automatically diagnoses your battery’s condition and sets the optimal charge current and program.
An enhanced version of the acclaimed OptiMateTM unique multi-stage desulfation program will even automatically give many deep-discharged and otherwise “dead” batteries a new lease of life.
When the charge is complete, the eco power-saving mode ensures ultra low power consumption while maintaining your battery, optimally charged, always cool and safe, month after month, prolonging its life by up to 400%
OptiMate 6 also checks for voltage retention with an initial 30 minute check. If the battery passes this test, it is extended to 12 hours.
If the battery voltage drops below 12.4V, the battery is indicated as "suspect" and should be professionally tested.
Like all other OptiMates, if the battery is good, OptiMate 6 then continues the 30 minute test/charge cycle to
maintain your battery for optimum performance when you need it.
The most important attribute of the OptiMate 6 as with all OptiMates, is the safe, optimal maintenance of your battery during long term storage, achieved by its gentle maintenance cycle which automatically allows the battery to rest for 30 minutes of each hour of the maintenance cycle while it remains connected. Some chargers maintain at 14.4V. This is too high and could cause long term gassing, potentially damaging your battery and causing electrolyte loss in liquid lead acid batteries.
OptiMate charges to 14.3V (limited to max 48 hrs) in the main charging stage, then maintains at 13.6V in half hourly intervals, while checking for voltage retention in between charge periods.
The automatic multi stage program engages as soon as the OptiMate is connected to a 12V battery that has at least 2V :-
- Initialization: OptiMate 6 will only activate if the battery voltage measures at least 1.8V
- Programming: the ampmatic processor checks the battery’s condition to determine the appropriate charge program.
- Desulfation and recovery: if necessary, 2 or 3 stages of high voltage and oscillatory pulsing are applied to recover neglected, flat batteries (removed from the vehicle * ) from sulfation to a chargeable state. The voltage is limited to 16V if the micro processor detects the battery may be connected to vehicle circuitry.
- Bulk charge: the ampmatic processor actively adjusts charge current to match battery characteristics, achieving a complete charge in the shortest time.
- Short-circuited / dead cell check: Charge acceptance is continuously monitored to detect internal damage and prevent unnecessary charging of a battery that cannot be recovered.
- Absorption and equalization: for 10 minutes the current is delivered in pulses with voltage controlled between 13.7 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalization and improving the battery's overall power delivery.
- Charge verification: the voltage is limited at 13.6V while the ampmatic processor monitors the current absorbed by the battery. If this reveals a less than optimal charge, the program reverts to absorption for a further 10 minutes.
- Voltage retention test: is conducted for 30 minutes during which no charge current is delivered, with 5 possible test results indicating the battery's general state of health. A green (voltage > 12.7V) result extends the test up to 12 hours, to check for excessive self discharge (even a partly damaged battery may initially retain sufficient power, but lose power faster than normal there-after) or higher than expected power loss through the vehicle’s electrical system.
- Charge maintenance: The MAINTENANCE CHARGE CYCLE consists of 30 minute float charge periods at a voltage of 13.6V followed by and alternating with a 30 minute ‘rest’ (no charge current) periods. The voltage retention test & maintenance charge cycle will repeat 24 hours after the start of the very first test and continue to repeat for as long as the charger remains connected. The alternating charge & 'rest' maintenance program provides the recommend maintenance voltage for AGM / GEL batteries whilst reducing the average voltage as required by STD filler cap batteries, making it ideal for indefinite & 100% safe long term maintenance charging of any type of 12V lead-acid battery.
- Meets all relevant Australian Standards -Ctick approved
- Comprehensive selection of SAE connection accessories including an output extension set.
- 3 year limited warranty.
- Wall mounts are moulded into the case for easy & convenient wall placement and the unit comes with battery clips that have a cable reach of over 2m.
- Suitable for Motorcycle Batteries, Jet Ski Batteries, Agricultural vehicle batteries, Car batteries, Boat batteries, Lead acid batteries 3 to 240Ah (AGM,GEL,SLA,VRLA,Deep Cycle,Odyssey,Optima etc)
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
OptiMate 6 : battery saving charger (desulfator) for automotive & marine
5A desulfating charger & maintainer for 12V batteries up to 2...
OptiMate 6 : LED indicator lights
OptiMate 6 Ampmatic for auto, marine & motorcycle: When is it ...
How to save your high performance AGM lead-acid battery : OptiMate 6
Saves your Odyssey & OptiMa batteries other smart chargers can...