This is the latest V3 version. 1A charge current. Note the different decals if you are shopping around!
OptiMate 4 Dual Program. Selectable CAN bus (BMW)/standard program 12 Volt battery charger. Multi Stage desuphating 12 Volt 1A Automatic battery Charger/Maintainer for motorcycles,Jet Skis, ATV's etc. Supplied with battery clips & weatherproof permanent connector.
OptiMate is a charger/maintainer that you can leave connected to any lead acid battery while a vehicle is not being used. Simply attach the pigtail lead to your battery and leave the connector some where for easy connection, on a bike for example, under your pillion seat, behind a panel, a rear foot rest. The lead has a weather proof cover to protect it from corrosion.
Simply connect OptiMate after every ride and your battery will ALWAYS be fully charged.
TecMate OptiMate 4 Dual Program Battery Charger
The OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM is ideally suited to all powersport vehicles especially those used on water and in the cold. Tested, proven and endorsed by numerous power sport vehicle OE’s and users world-wide. Recommended for STD (with removable filler caps), sealed AGM (absorbed glass mat) & sealed GEL 12V lead-acid batteries up to 75Ah. Fully automatic operation that includes all safety features such as reverse polarity protection, no spark connection and is approved to UL & CSA safety standards for automatic battery chargers.
- Default program recovers, charges, tests and maintains the battery through the CAN-bus controlled 12V socket with the optional O9, O19 or O2 accessory
- 2nd CAN-bus program features KEYLESS activation program guarantees automatic re-opening of the connection even with the ignition not turned on.
Bundle listing available here with power socket adapter.
- 10 second test at connection indicates your battery condition, a quick and easy ‘ride meter’ that will determine if you are ready to go or will have to charge the battery first
- OptiMate 4’s proven multi stage desulfation program saves neglected batteries (as low as 0.5V) that other chargers can't
- Multi step program, that includes a unique cell voltage balancing step, guarantees the fastest and most complete charge
- OptiMate 4 will maintain your battery safe and ready-to-go for months on end, with the extremely effective “charge and rest” maintenance program
- Hourly battery condition tests monitors the battery and the current drain by the vehicle circuitry; a problem is indicated on an easy to understand light display
- 10 second test at connection for a more hands on diagnosis of battery condition
- Safe for 12V lead-acid batteries AGM/MF, Standard, & GEL batteries
- 2Ah to 75Ah rated capacity
- Fully automatic program control microprocessor with 6 stages
- Reverse drain current less than 0.5mA
- Output current (bulk charge 1A)
- Automatic desulfation 2 stages (recovery and Turbo-recovery)
- Charge time limit 48 hours (maintenance time: unlimited)
- Maintain / test cycles 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
- Charge retention test range: 12.0 - 12.6V. GOOD (green) = battery voltage > 12.6V
- Size 200 x 75 x 61mm
- Wall mounting easy direct wall mounting
- Input cable length 2m
- Output cable length 2m
- Operation temperature range From -40°C&F to 40°C/104F
- 3 year warranty
For more accessories please see accessories page - usb chargers, torches, charge indicators, extension leads, splitters, sockets and plugs etc
NOTE: Due to CAN bus upgrades in K1600, OptiMate 4 Dual program is unable to charge through the accessory socket on these models. Simply use the included O1 lead direct to your battery and do not use CAN bus mode.
Battery performance guaranteed!
OptiMate is an intelligent automatic charger maintainer, we don't like the term trickle charger! ;-) "trickle" chargers often maintain the battery at a fixed voltage. If too high this will boil the battery, if too low sulphation is still able to form reducing your battery's ability to perform.
If your batteries do not last much past their warranty, you should try OptiMate!
Now features triple stage desulfation, Improved charge program, improved testing.
The automatic multi stage program engages as soon as the OptiMate 4 is connected to a 12V battery that has at least 0.5V :-
- OptiMate 4 immediately checks if the battery has enough voltage to start the program, and whether the battery is deep-discharged ("sulfated") or not.
- For neglected batteries, the OptiMate 4 starts the recovery mode, initially limiting the applied voltage at 16V, and if necessary for sulfated batteries, engaging TURBO recovery at a voltage of up to 22V** at low current for up to 2 hours, to recover the battery to a condition in which it can accept a normal charge.
- As soon as the circuit detects that this point has been reached (immediately for most batteries), the “bulk charge” mode engages and delivers current at a constant rate of 1A to charge the battery.
- When the battery-sensing circuit observes that charge progress is sufficient, the unique ‘verification’ stage engages. The voltage is limited at a lower level, & if sensed necessary, a voltage pulsing action provides further desulfating & tops off the charge. When this has been verified, or if after 48 hours from connection the battery has been unable to accept & retain adequate charge, the next stage engages.
- The OptiMate then stops current to the battery for 30 minutes while it monitors the unsupported battery voltage to check whether the battery can retain sufficient charge to crank an engine, before the long term maintenance and test cycle begins.
- During the next 30 minutes the OptiMate offers the battery a supporting & maintaining charge, but only to the extent necessary to counter any losses or connected loads such as an electronic alarm or immobilizer. Overcharging and/or overheating of the battery is ruled out by this 50% duty cycle as the battery is interactively maintained for 30 minutes and then rests during the power drain tests of each alternative 30 minutes. So the battery is always 100% good to go, but never overcharged.
**The OptiMate’s high voltage desulfation mode will not engage unless the battery is first disconnected from the vehicle’s electrical system, therefore OptiMate cannot damage sensitive vehicle electronics as the higher voltage mode can only engage if minimal or zero current is flowing into the battery.
Meets all Australian standards -Ctick approved
Comprehensive selection of accessories.
3 year limited warranty.
Wall mounts are molded into the case for easy & convenient wall placement and the unit comes with battery clips that have a cable reach of over 8ft.
Suitable for Motorcycle Batteries, Jet Ski Batteries, Lawn Tractor batteries, Small boat batteries, Ski Doo batteries, ATV batteries, etc..up to 75 Ah
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
OptiMate Battery Saving Charger
OptiMate chargers charge,maintain and recover sulphated batter...
BMW motorcycle battery charger - OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM
More info, where to buy: www.optimate1.com
Standard to CAN-bus program change : OptiMate 4 Dual Program
Charge through the 12V socket of a BMW with CAN-bus. Keyless a...
OptiMate 4 Dual Program : Advanced battery saving charger for motorcycles
Saves/charges/maintains battery direct or select the 2nd progr...
LED indicator lights : OptiMate 4 Dual Program
What's the charger doing? What do the lights mean?
Charge after riding, for weeks / months : OptiMate 4 Dual Program
L.E.D. (light) indication: safe long term maintenance for week...
OptiMate 4 desulphation/recovery
This video shows how a cheap charger is unable to recover a su...