OptiMate 4 Dual Program BMW
OptiMate 4 Dual Program BMW
This listing shows the available adapters to charge via the accessory socket on your bike. CHOOSE YOUR ADAPTER TYPE FROM THE OPTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ADD A CHARGING PLUG TO YOUR ORDER, PLEASE SELECT "NONE".
The TecMate Optimate 4 Dual Program features standard mode and CAN bus mode for BMW motorcycles.
CAN bus mode is ONLY required when using with BMW motorcycle when connecting via the accessory socket fitted from factory.
CAN bus mode is not required when using OptiMate 4 with any other vehicle whether it has CAN bus or not.
The Can bus feature is purely to force the BMW accessory socket to stay live, otherwise the ECU shuts down the accessory socket after around 15 minutes. This means your OptiMate will not be maintaining your battery.
Use the drop down to add your required adapter if you wish to charge direct via your accessory socket.
O-19 90 Degree adapter
O-09 Straight adapter
O-02 Dual size adapter
OptiMate communicates with the ecu to keep the power socket open, allowing charging and long term maintenance charge.
With weatherproof enclosure with built-in wall mounts, improved energy efficiency and cables good down to -40 degrees, the OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM is ideally suited to all powersport vehicles especially those used on water and in the cold. Tested, proven and endorsed by numerous power sport vehicle OE’s and users world-wide.
Recommended for STD Lead Acid (with removable filler caps), sealed AGM (absorbed glass mat) & sealed GEL 12V lead-acid batteries up to 50Ah.
Fully automatic operation that includes all safety features such as reverse polarity protection, no spark connection and is approved to UL & CSA safety standards for automatic battery chargers.
- Program 1 (default setting on this model) desulfates, charges, tests and maintains the battery
- Program 2 CAN Bus Mode - For BMW - charges,tests and maintains. Use program 1 connected direct to the battery if recovery mode is required.
- 10 second test at connection indicates your battery condition, a quick and easy ‘ride meter’ that will determine if you are ready to go or will have to charge the battery first
- OptiMate 4’s proven multi stage desulfation program saves neglected batteries (as low as 0.5V) other chargers can't
- Multi step program, that includes a unique cell voltage balancing step, guarantees the fastest and most complete charge
- OptiMate 4 will maintain your battery safe and ready-to-go for months on end, with the extremely effective “charge and rest” maintenance program
- Hourly battery condition tests monitors the battery and the current drain by the vehicle circuitry; a problem is indicated on an easy to understand light display
- 10 second test at connection for a more hands on diagnosis of battery condition
- Safe for 12V lead-acid batteries AGM/MF, Standard, & GEL batteries
- 2Ah to 75Ah rated capacity
- Fully automatic program control microprocessor with 6 stages
- Reverse drain current less than 0.5mA
- Output current (bulk charge 0.8A)
- Automatic desulfation 2 stages (recovery and Turbo-recovery)
- Charge time limit 48 hours (maintenance time: unlimited)
- Maintain / test cycles 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
- Charge retention test 5 possible results from ‘good’ to ‘bad’
- Size 8 x 3 x 2 ½ inches (200 x 75 x 61 mm)
- Weight (packaging 2lbs (3 lbs) – 0.9kg (1.3kg)
- Wall mounting easy direct wall mounting
- Input cable length 6ft (2m)
- Output cable length 6ft (2m)
- Operation temperature range From -40°C&F to 40°C/104F
- 3 year warranty
- SAE-71 weatherproof fused ringlet set
- SAE-74 clamps set for bench charging
All Optimate chargers are fitted with AU mains plug from factory and meet all AU electrical product standards and marking requirements.
Download manual here :-